Monday 14 February 2011

Context 1: Assignment Two: Visual Essay: Brief

It's about time I started to dissect and get to understand the second assignment of the context one module, This essay is to be done in the form of a visual essay and is titled: I am choosing my Pathway because…?

My essay will outline and describe my pathway choice for level two which can either be 1) Moving Image Pathway2) Interactive Media Pathway 3)Virtual Environments Pathway, my thesis will revolve around discussing three industry specific practitioners from my selected pathway, I will use my practitioners to justify, reinforce and explain my reasoning for pursuing a future career  in the industry and also make reference between there work/design concepts and my own work/design concepts (can agree or disagree). There relevance to my my pathway choice will be made apparent by examining and relating myself to there personal idea's and concepts.

Ideas:
Do the works form a conceptual focus, a social conscience? Is it visual dramatic work? Perhaps their work is thought provoking, and innovative in its scope, delivery or execution? Perhaps the work is the antithesis of yours/ the aspirations you have for your work? How does the work reflect on your work and your aspirations?

Martin Scorsese & Quentin Tarantino
Animated Movie Work Board
Enviromental Design team - Ubisoft Max
Various old superhero animated  tv shows - mood board
I must not forget to discuss how my own personal design practice will be altered through selection of a pathway, how this selections will advance my personal development to reach my desired career.

Pathway choice ideas: I have opposing thoughts about which area to focus on at this moment, I used to be highly passionate about film, I watched many films and have produced a dozen personal projects, I wanted to be a film editor, I always enjoyed it. But over the past year I have hit a brick wall with film, It just didn't interest me like it used to, I started playing more games and watching animated shows, I also find animation the more challenging out of the three and I enjoy a challenge, I don't want to simply not pick it because it's hard. I am passionate about both of them but I need to research more in depth into the careers, for example: a successful animator may get paid more but would I go crazy having to spend all those hours behind a desk?

The Three Practitioners:
1) Field Trip’ Practitioner (there were no practitioner that I would like to use for discussing and arguing?)
2) ?
3) ?

Obviously I can't confirm yet but I would like to work with collaborating videos, images, (animation?), text and possibly voice overs into one complete video or PowerPoint presentation. Programs I could use are defiantly 3DS Max, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft PowerPoint. Information can be presented easily through collaborating rather than individual projects. 

I need to come back when I have a solid idea of what future career I would like to pursue, at the moment I defiantly need more inspiration and insight into the areas, possibly from 2nd/3rd years and from people who work in the industry, I don't want to make a life changing decision lightly, i need more information and advice. When I have came to a decision I will update my ideas for my three practitioners

No comments:

Post a Comment