Wednesday 9 March 2011

Design Practice 2: Film: Development (Editor Role) (Week 4)

Hi, just an update, me and my group started filming several scene for our project Shift on Tuesday, were hoping to have every scene filmed by Friday and then I can start editing, I want all the footage first before I start editing for continuity issues and so I can really get a picture of what I'm going to produce.

From my perspective there were no problems filming during my scene on the park except for having to watch out for members of the public walking in front of the camera, The concerns about me not being an actor were eliminated as my scenes were so simple and my face was half covered up that anyone could have pulled it off, I do however think I look the part of a goon and do pull some great facial expression :)


The Pervy Park Bench Guy:

Just a test of the effects I'm thinking of using, effects used = scale and position alteration to match rule of 3rds, dust and scratches, null blur, colour pass, contrast and gamma correction. Tell me what you guys think as a general visual look for the film. To dark? More grain?

Issues:
. The shots took in the darkroom seem  really grainy, I had this problem with this camera before filming in the dark for a band and had to use Neat Video to correct it. (This could just be my home computer screen, needs confirmation)
. I need some storyboards and the updated script so I don't just put clips in any old order.
. I Need to know what's going on with After Effects, Do I edit it first then give it to people for AE? Other way around? Is it best for doing the title effects? Do we need to use AE? I have absolutely 0% knowledge about after effects and it's role in editing film. 
Example of noise and neatvideo

No comments:

Post a Comment