Sunday 1 May 2011

Design Practice 2: Interactive Spaces: Development (2)

Just a quick recap, the main addition since last time is a video gallery, It uses javascript to ease in and out of view when the uses clicks it's thumbnail, I like it a lot and I works perfectly in creating the allusion that the videos are inside comic book boxes.
 I had some good feedback on Wednesdays lecture, so everything seems to be going good. I really only have to add a 'contact me' page and do a bit of tidying up like, such as making the banner a link to the homepage and altering the opacity of the background image. I will also be diving into finding an online host and domain name shortly, to get my website online.

Problems:
A few problems to note are that my website works perfectly on Firefox (Tested on 3 different monitors) But on Internet Explorer everything shifts up slightly (accept on my monitor), This could be due to the use of absolute positioning. I learnt that in my exception using height pixels for div's was acceptable, I avoided this originally as I was informed to and used absolute positioning to put text and images on top of my divs.(Everything was being pushed down using padding, and It was the only way I could figure out how to position over background div images while maintaining the visibilty of the background image).

I have decided that the shifting up is an acceptable problem and will not be altering all my pages code to fix the div positioning, It still works suitable and serves it's purpose, It was a school boy error and I will have to use firefox to showcase my work and explain my problem in the presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment