Sunday 8 May 2011

Design Practice 2: Interactive Spaces: Development (3)

To finish off I added a contact me page and polished up the background image, The only issue is that I'm not 100% positive that my pages work on all monitors. I then went about finding a decent web host and registering a domain name, In the end I registered a domain at GoDaddy.com and purchased a web host plan from HostGator.com after reading good reviews for the two. If your looking to do the same thing make sure you search for coupon dealers, I got my GoDaddy domain for $4.37 /y instead of $7 and got -$7.60 of my monthly HostGator plan, meaning my first month was only $0.01. Then it was just a case of figuring out how to link the domain and host together and uploading my site using the FTP client FileZilla, the HostGator tutorials were perfect for newbies and easy to use. So after a final activation call to America to activate my account I am finally live, I will getting feedback of people assessing my site from different monitors and browsers to check every things working. I've basically published this site for fun and for end-of-year presentation purposes.

                                    Website is live and can be viewed at:
                               www.mediadobson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment