Saturday 7 January 2012

Photoshop Skill Improving.

Just had a little play around with photoshop, contrary to what most lecturers at Nottingham Trent think, not all student on the multi-media course have come from a strong photoshop background or even a I.T technical background for that matter. Last year when asked to make a title card for my short film noir film Shift I was left feeling pretty intimidated and useless, I could'nt do it. Now days I feel that I have naturally built up some photoshop illiteracy through general use over the years, I'm no expert by far but have at least squirmed out from the oblivious category. I recently watched the film noir classic A Touch of Evil by Orson Wells (which was fantastic by the way) and was reminded of my own film nori short Shift, I was inspired to revisit the old title card situation and create a fresh new one. With the film noir excitement still rushing through my veins, I created this:


Now I know it may not look much to the seasoned expert, but this is one of the first times I've made everything from scratch myself in photoshop, including textures and fonts... so I'm a little proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment