Monday 18 October 2010

My Multimedia

 NEXI - Robot with facial expressions 


A new invention by  MIT Media lab is a new robot that is able to show various facial expressions such as 'slanting its eyebrows in anger', or 'raise them in surprise', and shows a wide assortment of facial expressions while communicating with people.

This particular new technology piques my interest as I believe the evolution of robots could change our world extremely, we already live in age where technology aids our everyday lives , the possibility of improving human/robot teamwork in the future will open up many possibilities and controversies. The robots we have at the moment are great for perfectly completing tasks on the production line and can accurately design anything we want them to, but what interests me is when it gets to the point where robots function in the domestic environment, helping us put dishes in the dishwasher and cooking meals for us.

Anyway this new invention tells me that were getting closer and closer to breaking the limitations of everyday robots, I can't imagine people enjoying a realistic expression on a robot, personally It would make me really uncomfortable, but it will be very interesting to see how these new technology's can be used to further the development of human kind, for better or worse.


CREEPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment