Friday 14 January 2011

Design Practice 2: Animation: Brief

It's a new years and with it brings a new design practice, I have progressed onto design practice 2. This module focuses on improving my skills and knowledge in a range of media, and ultimately influencing me to select a path to continue onto level 2. It's all about helping me realise the purpose of media and building up a portfolio. My first project is an animation one, I am to design, build and animate a amusement park haunted house ride, It must have the correct virtual space so that it would fit into the Waverly theatre, the aim is to provide the audience with a few scares and to draw from my own storyboards, ideas and sketches for influences, which can be anything I want.


















I began setting up the structure of the Waverly theatre in 3DS max on Tuesday, we were enlightened to tools such as stretch and the custom line tool, this would allow me to create doors and windows where ever I desired and to free form a basic track to which my cart would move. The possibility's of the design are endless, I really don't have any concrete idea of my themes, concepts or scare scenes yet, but I will be drawing from existing media and haunted rides soon to start planning the layout and overall mood of my ride.














I'm already starting to think that this module will be a lot more hands on, requiring a lot more detail and substance to produce anything decent, here's to not falling behind and creating an excellent haunted house ride :)

Samuel Dobson

No comments:

Post a Comment