Friday 14 January 2011

Design Practice 2: Animation: Inspiration and Brainstorming (Part 1)

Firstly I need to harness existing haunted house rides and existing media to construct the theme of my whole animation, This inspiration can be drawn from anything, from pirate and ninjas to ghosts and monsters, to get the ideas flowing I decided to examine visual styles of any films that seem relevant to me

The Dead Series


The dead series is a three part installment directed by George A. Romero, the whole series narrative revolves around a zombie Apocalypse, where re-animated corpses walk the earth and terrorise the remaining survivors. I am a huge fan of zombie films of any kind, they allure me with their themes of pandemonium, survival, excitement and even humour. Zombie films sometimes get bad press, as there are many that are low budget, poorly produced and uninspired, but if done right they present eerie moods and scares along with adventure. Because of my fandom I will be including aspects of different zombie films into my haunted house ride, I believe It will work perfectly as like the brief states "A few scares along the way, This is not usually met in a serious way but is more a mixture of silly a frightening" This is basically the basis for the majority of zombie films anyway.

 Ideas that are flowing around are inspiration from various media such as Indiana Jones, Dracula, Batman, Resident Evil games and tribal cultures, I have produced a mood board to collaberate these 
concepts and themes:

These also have some great idea's for track layouts and scare scenes:



No comments:

Post a Comment