Friday 7 October 2011

Design Practice 3: Assignment 1: The Brief






So the first assignment for the year is to produce an advert for a cause that is close to my heart, In which I am strongly emotionally attached and passionate about. Through the entire process I will research, design and produce a unique 30 second advert that projects a gust concept to the my target audience, it could challenge contemporary issues such as the obesity crisis or talk about my views on current military action...or simply be designed to inform and encourage people to spend more time with their family.

I am looking forward to this project as I have quite a few initial ideas flowing around already, It'll be the first real piece of media I will have produced which allows me to express myself politically rather than just creating solely for entertainment purposes.

Examples of some existing campaigns that caught my eye.


Simple yet effective campaign named the free hugs campaign is meant to express the importance of loving your fellowman and taking the time to stop and appreciate life. World peace would be nice



Here's one I found called 'buy nothing day' trying to promote a more economic way of living, not to be as materialistic and wasteful. I do however think it may be a bit blunt and rude, don't know how effective the message would be to the general public

No comments:

Post a Comment