Friday 21 October 2011

Show & Tell #1

Well the first show and tell session today was enlightening to say the least, It pretty much confirmed my self-doubts that my ideas were too unstructured, that they required clearer plot and core purpose. My original gust concept was to try and promote traditional values when it came to food, such as knowing where your ingredients are sourced and taking the time to cook your meal with pride, but at the same time I didn't necessarily want it to be just about healthy eating. I was originally going to show this via a transition of people buying from organic butchers and greengrocers to people ordering fast food, but came to the conclusion that it was neither innovative nor memorable enough. So my ideas pretty much spiralled from there, from cooking shows and interviewing children to spoofs, although these new ideas were fresher and more controversial they didn't hold the original concept of promoting traditional values when it came to food. I believe I need a new concept.

Points made in show & Tell
  • Narrow your ideas down
  • Think educational
  • More clear on what you want to do
  • Think about your core idea, change it.
It is clear that my original concept was not portrayed in my three treatments, however the theme of food education was picked up on in my second treatment and generally liked by the group. I believe my new core concept should be about:

Food education - Educating and getting people interested in the ingredients found in
their food, urging them to question the standard and quality of certain ingredients and ultimately influence them to find out how they can eat healthier.

A preliminary idea on how to visually represent this is with my cooking show idea, the ingredients of a particularly bad processed fast food recipe are added to a mix, while the chef simultaneously informs the audience whats going on. It ends with the disturbing ingredients being transforms into a burger (or likewise) and being held up to the audiences face, In which the Chef states "Now you know where it come from do you still want it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment