Thursday 9 December 2010

Design Practice 1: Interactive Spaces: Analysis, Synthesis and Planning

Now I have the basic concepts and designs for my one shot film, but have made no solid judgements or sense of the development stage, I like to identify the implications of my inspirations and brainstorming before I continue with later processes. This allows me to learn further and avoid possible problems arising in the future. I  adapt any new ideas created by my analysis/synthesis at this point and usually incorporate them into my current project.

Analysis involves listing as many questions as you can think of regarding your project. The questions will vary from project to project but usually the majority of these questions are the same, whatever the project you are attempting. the Synthesis is the following section in the design process and is a list of answers. Quite simple really.







1) What software is most appropriate to use?
2) How long do I estimate to completion ?
3) What genre will it be?
4) What story am I trying to tell?
5) What is the main function of my interactive space?
6) What existing products were prime influences?
7) What are some good books, DVDs and useful information.
8) How long will it last?






1) The most appropriate software to use for HTML/CSS coding is Adobe Dreamweaver, It has an easy interface to navigate, has the time saving feature of displaying the link boarder and also is an industry favourite

















 2) I estimate my completion date to be Saturday 4th December 2010, I am basing this on the pace in which I'm learning the dreamweaver, The practical sessions I have between the two date and the overall access I will have to learning materials and the software. This is my goal.

3) I have decided I am going to go with a fantasy theme with an action/adventure story, the user will have to collect 3 coloured gems in order to save the world, I will mix in different locations to create a hybrid genre as well, such as the wild west and space.














4) The story I am trying to tell is that a scientist has created a teleporter, three mystical gems power the machine. The scientists lab assistant has stole the gems to sell on the black market, the player must travel to different places and find the gems before they become unstable and blow up the world.

 















5) The main function of interactive space is to take the player on a journey and entertain them along the way. I want them to experience a mixture of puzzle solving and adventure, without getting bored.

6) The existing products that were prime influences were defiantly the games stated in my inspiration and brainstorming post, Final fantasy 7 and Escape from stickville, the user will hopefully see similarity's while playing.

















7)JavaScript: Your Visual Blueprint for Building Dynamic Web Pages, 2nd Edition.
Eric Pascarello. ISBN: 978-0-7645-7497-9.

8) I am estimating the total length to the user complete my interactive space to be 5-10 minutes, It will have 50+ photos so there's plenty to explore, i wanted it to last as long as possible to create a decent story.

Samuel Dobson

No comments:

Post a Comment