Saturday 11 December 2010

Design Practice 1: Interactive Spaces: Work Submission





















Last Monday i completed my design practice one module: interactive spaces, as i explained in my last blog post a simple task became a complex one with lack of research, using notepad instead of dreamweaver increased complexity ten fold, although now everything is completed I am very satisfied with what I have produced.

After finally importing all my notepad files into dreamweaver I began to link the pages with boarders, the process was quite complex as I had alot of nodes that branched of to different options, If a user collected a certain object the interface of the image changed as there was a new item in the your inventory. So in entirety i had to produce a lot more photo shopped images than normal to indicate a person has an item in there inventory.

I defiantly learnt that planning is crucial when it come to interactive spaces, the simplest things like using front slashes instead of backslashes can cause problems. I also understand the aspect of journey better, this was the first time where I had to create user interactions that would have keep audiences interested and involved.

If I were to repeat this project I would add more levels and increase the games playability, I actually took a whole segment of photo's that never got used. I would also avoid using notepad and Internet URL's at all costs

Link to Interactive space: The Teleporter

No comments:

Post a Comment